Why is it that men loathe anything to do with shopping, whilst women consider it a relaxing hobby - a much needed chance to update their wardrobes?!
With this in mind, I have come up with some tips so that you men will leave us the hell alone. I mean, that will help you out the next time you're out shopping with your wife/girlfriend. Who knows you might even (god forbid) end up enjoying yourself!
1) Firstly, have a rough idea of what you are looking for so you don't wander aimlessly searching for nothing in particular (my boyfriend argues that this is what I do anyway.). This is mostly why men tend to get so bored, as they don't have a goal.
2) Take somebody for a second opinion. It is always good to have another person to offer advice such as a trendy friend. This should be somebody who has a relative idea of what is in style at the moment, so your mum is probably not a good idea. Or dad for that matter
3) Wear comfortable clothes which are easy to slip on and off. This is only to make it easier to try things on (for those of you with dirty minds who were thinking of the other thing!).
4) Always try things on. I am only trying to save you time and money here guys. The majority of men will not return items bought mostly because they are too lazy. Always try things on as you may be proved wrong - or pleasantly surprised.
5) Don't be afraid to try new things. In my experience men tend to go for the same thing every time. Little differences can dramatically change an outfit. Try a belt in a brighter shade, or even just a coloured shirt that you haven't already got.
These summer months mean lighter days and the shops filled with brighter colours. Remember - just because you don't like it on the hanger, doesn't mean it won't look good on you! Look on Man oh man- men's style for interesting shopping advice. Why not think about buying some lingerie online for the one you love.