Paris is, quite simply, romance.
Every street corner oozes charm; every park bench seats a dreamy-eyed couple and every restaurant, cafe and hotel is eager to squeeze as much money as possible from gullible lovers.
So here are Top 10 Tips for a romantic Paris weekend, sans le tourist traps.
1. A lovely place to start any Paris sojourn is the Rodin Museum, possibly the loveliest garden in the city. Situated on Rue de Varenne, admission is 4 euros and the museum opens at 9.30am.
2. Why not indulge in a strolling breakfast? The morning market on Rue Mouffetard is the perfect place to sample a variety of delicacies.
3. If you fancy another park, the Jardin du Luxembourg is the most elegant one you could find. Wander along the gravel paths; they're wide enough to ensure you won't be disturbed by the other turtle doves!
5. Walk off some of your lunch (you'll want to make room for dinner!) with a stroll along the Seine. Yes, it's a cliche, but, yes, it's romantic anyway! A kiss on Pont Neuf as the sun begins to set is to be recommended. And you can watch the Eiffel Tower come alight with sparkles every hour, on the hour.
6. If you want a luxury dinner that's hard to top, book a private wood-panelled chamber at Laperouse (51 Quai Grands-Augustins; +33 1 43266804). Dinner will set you back 80 euros a head, plus wine. But it's worth it.
7. For a less exclusive option, Le Reminet (3 Rue des Grands-Degres; +33 01 44070424) is cosy and traditional, serving main courses from 14 euros.
8. Enjoy some post-dinner jazz at the newly refurbished Le Bilboquet (13 Rue St-Benoit)
9. A hotel room with a roof terrace provides the ultimate in boho chic. The Hotel de l'Abbaye offers exquisite split-level suites at 280 a night, while the Hotel Duc de Saint-Simon provides stylish double rooms with private patios for sunny breakfasts at 150 a night.
10. Finally, don't try and fit too much in you're there to see each other first and foremost after all!